31.5.12

Knock, knock! Who's there? Your exams

It's that time of the year again, the exams are knocking on my door. Tomorrow starts my three week period full of books, pens, notes and paper balls on the floor... It's a headache to most of the people around me because I can't go do anything fun with them or because I wake up early (I start always at 9 AM). But the bright side of it is that these will be my final exams since next year I only have my internship and my final paper to do. :-)


I follow the bachelor courses in business management and majoring in accountancy and tax law. Yaaaaaaaaawnnnnnn... Yeah yeah I know I am boring ;-) But my plan A was always to study to be perhaps a translator from English to Finnish to English or just majoring in English but as I didn't get accepted to the university in Finland I went for my plan B. To those of you outside of Finland, we have to do exams to get in and the education I wanted to follow had a limit of 20 people being accepted a year while we applied with 1.000 ... You do the math! So I didn't get in cuz I panicked at the exam... I didn't study enough.. It was perhaps too difficult ?? I love excuses. But I didn't sit around and ponder but decided to go the other way and apply to an university college instead.


So then in Finland you need to choose 4 schools (I think..) and if you get invited to do the entrance exam, you need to attend. If you get good scores from the one you put first, you will most likely get in to the first one and so and so on. So I applied for international business, office management, IT (HM???) and I think also international business in another school. Those were all in Helsinki. So I got invited to do all the exams, WHAT? Ufff.. International business was my first choice anyway and it went well. The exams even went so well that I got invited to start the IT as well (yeah I am a true nerd). Unfortunately I never did start that school, though I kept it on hold for some years... 

Always funner if you aren't alone :-)





 So, then I moved to Belgium. I had to basically start all over again cuz my dream was still to get my degree. So I studied Dutch for 1,5 years and then I started at this school to study accountancy. It was a choice I made out of three majors at that time; accountancy, marketing or IT. 

After all these years I still think it was the best choice I made and I am still happy about my choice. I've finished that and already graduated with great honors (just after 4 years in Belgium!) and now I am following my last year of Bachelor. By next year I will have my diploma in my hands and then the doors are open for me. I could continue, masters in economics anyone? :-) Or perhaps I will just go and work full time and let Angelo do the studying :-) 

So now tomorrow starts my exams with corporate tax 2. I am positive I know my stuff, but let's see how positive I will be tomorrow around 15h. ;-P

Good luck to everyone who is doing their exams !!  Keep your fingers crossed for me that I will pass cuz I don't feel like doing them again in September... :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hit me with a comment in English, suomeksi or in het nederlands! :-)