28.5.12

It's summer!

People are happy and smiling, what's going on ??? Ahhh it's thanks to that big, glowing, yellow, warm thing called the sun :-) It finally broke out and gave our little Belgium the weather it deserves this time of the year. The records have officially been broken for this year and it has been amazingly warm weather. For those of you thinking, oh boy now Hanna looks like a lobster, no no you wouldn't be more wrong ! I went to the pharmacy and bought a very good sun cream (hey you gotta learn once hé ??). I have been sitting hours and hours in the sun and still look white (damn....). :-D

We've had a very very busy weekend. Thursday we had a BBQ (just us two) at home. 


Friday we were walking around the city, sitting outside, enjoying the sun just like everyone else in Belgium I believe.

Saturday we were invited to a BBQ at my best friend's Kaija's and her Denis' place. Ahhh, great company, great weather, great food and great drinks. We had a blast ! We could sit outside until midnight easily (tho I needed a blanket around 22h but those of you who know me, know that I am always cold). 
Kaija don't forget that you promised we will do that more often :-)








If that wasn't already enough buzz for one weekend we were also invited to Angelo's cousin's son's communion (rippijuhlat - communie). In Belgium the children have this two times in their lives, first at around 6 years old and the second time when they are about 12 years old. If we thought it was warm in Antwerpen, it was like double at where we went to! I looked at the thermometer and at some point it showed 38 degrees!  But honestly it was all so nice, well organized and yet again, good food! 

All I can say is that after this weekend I need to seriously consider starting a diet again.. ;-)

 

5 comments:

  1. We sure need diet again after this....

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) well we really need to do it more often. but first the exams and then fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so looking forward to the fun fun fun :-)

      Delete
  3. Aww, miten ihanat kesämeiningit siel on ollut! Ihana mekko Hanna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kesä tuli ja se menikin sitten jo haha. Kiitos, mäkin tykkään tosta mekosta, se on niin ihana päällä :)

      Delete

Hit me with a comment in English, suomeksi or in het nederlands! :-)